- Mast Height6.25m
- Main and Jib Sail Area12.5 s.q.m.
- Spinnaker Area 15 s.q.m.
The 29er is a two-person high-performance sailing skiff designed by Julian Bethwaite and first produced in 1998. Simple control systems and light rig loads create the perfect sailing package for all ages and genders, especially youth sailors those training to sail the larger Olympic 49er class. The 29er has quickly become the boat of choice for high-performance youth sailing and training.
Hull & Deck – High-quality polyester FRP with foam sandwich laminate for stiffness and light weight.
Daggerboard and Rudder – Made out from FRP with foam core, alloy rudder head with vertically lifting rudder blade. The head of each class legal foil carries the embossed 29er logo and the ICA label.
Spars – Composite topmast with aluminum alloy lower sections, aluminum alloy boom, composite bowsprit.
Sails - Fully battened mylar mainsail and jib with a fiber weave giving superior shape, stability, and long life, while saving on weight and avoiding stretch. Tri-radial spinnaker cut for shape stability and longevity.
· Self-tacking jib allows the skipper or crew to play the mainsheet upwind, also makes down-wind gybing a breeze.
· Neat jib luff attachment and smooth, snag-free, spinnaker chute entry and exit.
· Mainsail cuff improves slot performance and aerodynamic efficiency and neatly encloses the control lines and halyard systems.
· Capsize recovery is straightforward as the daggerboard is close to the water surface when the boat is on its side.